Jesus Shall Reign
1. Jesus shall reign whereer the sun
Does His successive journeys run;
His kingdom spread from shore to shore,
Til moons shall wax and wane no more.
2. For Him shall endless prayer be made,
And praises throng to crown His head;
His name like sweet perfume shall rise
With every morning sacrifice.
3. People and realms of evry tongue
Dwell on His love with sweetest song;
And infant voices shall proclaim
Their early blessings on His name.
4. Blessings abound whereer He reigns;
The prisoner leaps to lose his chains;
The weary find eternal rest,
And all the sons of want are blessed.
5. Where He displays His healing power,
Death and the curse are known no more:
In Him the tribes of Adam boast
More blessings than their father lost.
6. Let evry creature rise and bring
His grateful honors to our King;
Angels descend with songs again,
And earth repeat the loud amen!